What’s Trending Tuesday, March 6th, 2018
§ The rumors that Jay-Z and Beyoncé were going to tour were confirmed yesterday…and then they were unconfirmed.
§ Beyoncé’s Facebook and Ticketmaster pages announced a date for a Jay/Bey tour on July 30th at Philadelphia’s Lincoln Financial Field but then both posts were quickly deleted.
§ Reps for both artists are not responding to requests for confirmation but the tour was titled “On the Run 2,” a follow up to their 2014 “On the Run” tour.
§ The pair recently released a video for “Family Feud,” their collaboration from Jay’s latest album, “4:44.”
§ We’re expecting an official announcement around Coachella.
§ Study: Mom and Dad foot some bills for 1 in 4 millennials working full time.
§ How old is too old to have your parents pay your bills?
§ Millennials earned about 20% less in 2013 than baby boomers did at their age in 1989.
§ They also share the bulk of the $1.4 trillion in outstanding student loan debt.
§ So, what are parents paying for? 53% are paying for a cell phone, 31% for car insurance, 30% for a car payment, 30% for utilities and 27% for rent or a mortgage.
§ A man was arrested in relation to Frances McDormand’s stole Oscar.
§ His name is Terry Bryant and he was arrested on suspicion of felony theft after he allegedly stole the gold statue at the Governors Ball.
§ He’s in jail on $20,000 bail.
§ The Best Actress winner was headed to the part after the Oscars, where she had her stature engraved with her name.
§ She later realized it was missing…Chef Wolfgang Puck’s photographer captured a picture of the suspect before retrieving it.
§ The guy even posted photos of himself posing with the statue.
§ Times change and so does vernacular and that is why Merriam-Webster just added some new words to their dictionary.
§ Some of the new words include:
· Cryptocurrency: any form of currency that only exists digitally.
· Dumpster fire: an utterly calamitous or mismanaged situation or occurrence.
· Glamping: outdoor camping with amenities and comforts (such as beds, electricity, and access to indoor plumbing) not usually used when camping.
· Hate-watch: to watch and take pleasure in laughing at or criticizing (a disliked television show, movie, etc.)
· Kombucha: a gelatinous mass of symbiotic bacteria and yeasts grown to produce a fermented beverage held to confer health benefits.